Thursday, November 29, 2012

'Being Awesome' Is The Same As 'Preparing For The Worst'

I was so proud of myself -- started ordering everyone's presents in October, a few at a time so I had plenty of money in the bank. Had it all pretty much done about a week ago. Just in time to hear last weekend that the people we rent our house from want to move back into it.

They gave us until December 31st.

We're going to have to find a place that doesn't suck, but will take 7 people, a dog and a cat, in like a week. And then move all our mutual shit into it -- in late December. IN ALASKA. Do you know how icy a U-Haul can get? I do. Don't back it up a hill, or it's a tractionless deathtrap inside.

I know this from moving, last January, into the house we currently live in. The hill is still there. So will the tractionless deathtrap. FML

So now is the cut-off on ordering things to my current address...yay for early Christmas shopping. And also, getting the last order in for "Cyber Monday" (not what I thought at first, thankfully) brought me this little bit of lol as I reviewed my order:

So, silver lining...I don't know where I'm going to live and that's only the first step of a journey of a thousand chilly cardboard boxes full of jumbled miscellany that is all my earthly possessions, but my checkout looks like I'm buying a headless Venus de Milo Bratz doll -- at least, if you squint a little.

2 comments:

  1. Ho ho ho... NOT! I can't imagine getting my stuff packed to move on short notice, after keeping decades of stuff.

    Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deep breaths (says the neurotic headcase). It's going to be okay. If your bun's impressions are to be trusted, it sounds like that one place is as good as ours. Even if it's not, we'll find something.

    ReplyDelete